Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bad day... topped off with sangria and cookies!




Ladies, I had one of those days at work today. You know, the kind where you just want to call it quits and never look back. So, to calm my nerves, my dear husband took me out for a lovely dinner after work. We stuffed our faces with paella and arroz con pollo, and shared half a pitcher of the best sangria ever (if you're interested, check out Sangria 46 in midtown)! I was feeling a whole lot better by the end of dinner, but then he surprised me by taking me to a cute little bakery that we had never been to. As we walked down 50th Street towards 10th Avenue, he explained that this place was known for "the best cookies in town." So, of course, me having a huge sweet tooth, I got super excited. Well ladies... I have to tell you, I was NOT disappointed! These cookies are delicioso~ And... when I looked at the packaging, I immediately recognized them from one of the displays at the Wedding Salon Event last night. They had displayed pretty little boxes of cookies as wedding favors! If you're thinking about something edible to give as guest favors, you definitely should check out Ruby et Violette! Started by three sisters (two of them Ivy League grads!), this is the cutest little bake shop!


No comments: