Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Sketch of Your Wedding Dress

Okaaay, I know I've been slacking. It's been almost a month since my last post. Ugh. Sorry ladies~ I've been preoccupied. I accepted a new position within my company on April 1st, so that's been keeping me busy on the weekdays (meaning, I'm not in the mood to sit in front of a computer again when I get home from work -- can ya blame me?). During the weekends, I'm doing one of two things -- planning our next vacation (Italy, baby!!!) or sitting at home waiting for prospective buyers to come see our place. Right now, I'm having an open house, and I thought I'd squeeze in a post while I wait for the knock on our door. We're trying to sell our place and move to a bigger place this year. Anyway... take a look at the beautiful sketch below...


To make up for my slacking, I wanted to find something cool to share with you all and I think I found it! This website My Dream Lines.com
was featured in the spring 2009 issue of InStyle Weddings Magazine. They offer custom sketches of your wedding gown by an artist who lives in the South of France *lucky bastard*. The sketch would be approx. 8 1/2 x 11 in size if you want to frame it, or you could order it as a set of thank you cards. Prices start at about $100 depending on how detailed you want your sketch to be. For example, if you want to include your veil and bouquet, it might cost extra.

I think this would make a great gift! A gift to yourself for all the planning you did for the big day. A gift from the groom to the bride on the wedding day. A gift from husband to wife on their 1st year anniversary (afterall, paper is the traditional 1 yr anniversary gift). A gift from a friend or sister to the bride. Or even, a gift from you to your bridesmaids -- because you can order sketches of the bridesmaids dresses too!I I just love it~

No comments: