Thursday, February 12, 2009

Shoe Fetish

Yummy~~ This sensational shoe is part of Badgley Mischka's new spring '09 collection and it's just stunning! I love the 4" heel. I'm a pretty tall gal at 5' 6" but I can't resist skinny, high heels. Don't they just make you feel super sexy? You know what I mean! You could be wearing a pair of old, overwashed jeans and a plain jane top, but once you slip on a pair of high heels, you feel like a diva!! Woohoo~ (A little secret... when I'm in a bad mood, I'll sometimes slip on a pair of my favorite heels and prance around the house. Mind you, I'm usually wearing my pjs so I don't look very appealing to my husband, but it makes me feel great!!)

Right above the heel is a delicate tulle rose that adds just enough flair to make a statement.

You can buy these shoes online at Perfect Details, but some of the popular sizes are already sold out, so hurry if you want these for your wedding day. (Priced at $215)

This next shoe is modern, sexy, and feminine -- from the one and only, Christian Louboutin! Of course, he added his signature red sole so when you lift up your dress and walk, all your guests will see what a fashionista you are!! I just love these. You can buy them from Saks, but they will cost you! They're priced at $895.


I found this photo online on The Flirty Guide. The bride is wearing red-soled Louboutins!


If you don't want to rock the red soles, you may prefer the softer, subtle tiffany blue soles. Unfortunately, the highly coveted blue-soled Louboutins are extremely rare finds -- I'd be surprised if I saw one in person, EVER! But... if you like the look of the blue soles, try taking ordinary shoes to a shoe repair store (known in the good ol' days as a "cobbler") and ask them to re-sole your shoes with "something blue!" P.S. I can't take the credit for this awesome tip! It came from The Flirty Guide and it says it would cost between $50 and $75 to get your shoes resoled. Check out the pair below...


Now ladies, please don't think I'm being insensitive to your budgets. Like I said in my earlier post, I do realize that we're in a recession. So, if you love the $895 Christian Louboutin shoe above but you can't afford it (or just don't want to splurge on shoes), there is another option! Take a look at this similar pair from Kate Spade. You won't have the signature Louboutin red sole, but you will save tons of money. You can purchase these for $298 at My Glass Slipper and still have money left over to resole these with the color of your choice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want to go buy the 1st shoe even though i prefer peep toes... so pretty!