Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bring on the warmth...

{Photo of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico}

Ladies, I'm in a rush! I'm boarding a flight to Seoul in less than 4 hours ... which means I have to jump into a taxi within the next half hour to get to the airport in time. I will type fast!!

My friend Julie is having a destination wedding in Cabo later this year. (I'm so excited!) When I think of Mexico, I think of toxic tequila shots, yummy hot sauce (love Cholula sauce!!), and of course, the beautiful, sandy beaches! So, with those three images in mind, I found some ideas for a fun, beach-themed wedding...

For the place cards, instead of using standard folded cards (boring~), how about tiny personalized bottles? The bottles can be filled with sand and seashells from the beach you're getting married on (how sentimental!) ... or... you could get mini tequila bottles (a final farewell salute to your wild, single days?) ... or mini cholula hot sauce bottles (yum~)!!! You could dress up the bottles with cute little labels or tags with the guests' names and table numbers
(check out My Wedding Labels).




If the bottles don't float your boat, how about these mini sailboats? I think they're absolutely adorable!!!


Or these fun little parasols stuck in sand...

Or simply take standard place cards and set them in pretty little sea shells...

Ooh, I like these big shells...


Ok, gotta run!! If you're having a destination wedding or a local beach-themed wedding, I hope some of these ideas inspired ideas of your own!! Ciao~ till March...

3 comments:

JSong said...

wow... i love so many of these ideas, i wish i had more than one occasion to use them all! i have to say, the cholulas are my fav idea, though. totally reminds me of the lg cafeteria. haha! love that the favors can act as place cards, too. functional, practical, easy and fun!

JSong said...

ok, maybe i'll do tequila bottles AND cholula bottles. or is that tacky? too many bottles? i'm so bad with these. that's why i love that you have this blog!!! thanks for looking out for me, babe. have a fabulous time in the motherland! muah~

Unknown said...

How cute!! You are so good with all these suggestions! Yes, I agree with you in that there are sooo many other options other than a folded place card. Time to brainstorm!!